Share-worthy links Social Media ReInvention Community Members can enjoy during Sunday brunch:
1) MarketingLand: Up Close: Ello, The New Social Network That Is So Hot Right Now. I read / curated many articles on Silicon Valley's latest social networking sweetheart. Martin Beck's comprehensive review is a must-read:
- Ello positions itself as the anti-Facebook. No advertising. No user-tracking. And, no data re-selling to advertisers. Clean, minimalist, zero-clutter, user-interface. Invitation-only.
- Martin highlights important, missing features in the launch release (e.g., like/favorite/+1 type button, search ability to locate friends, etc.).
- I'm working on securing an invite so I can test-drive Ello. Will keep you posted.
2) Fast Company: LOVE POST-IT NOTES? YOU'LL LOVE THIS NEW PRODUCTIVITY APP THAT DIGITIZES THEM. 3-M developed this brilliant iPhone app, Post-it(R) Plus.
I'm a visual person. Post-It(R) Notes are my storyboarding savior (colleagues say I have an illness and should seek professional help).
- The app allows users to digitize their Post-It(R) Notes from brainstorming and storyboarding sessions. There's a 50 note limit for the image capture.
- You can share, rearrange, categorize, and build additional storyboards with the app. Users can export the digital session into other tools (e.g., Evernote, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- This first version doesn't allow changing the names on the Post-its(R) once they're digitized (but future iterations will probably include this improvement).
- The app requires updating to iOS 8. Yes, I endured a 2+ hour update session for my iPhone 5c so I could use Post-it(R) Plus tomorrow at work (which is why I require professional help).
3) TechCrunch: Closing The Gaps In Mobile Health. Dan Pelino's piece describes the IBM-Apple value proposition and long term implications of the Apple econsystem in a real-world example. Look out healthcare this strategic alliance wants to disrupt your industry. Their solutions will focus on physicians and patients.
- (direct article quote) Many doctors already have smartphones with 68 percent using iPhones and 59 percent using iPads.
- The iPhone holds the highest market share among US smartphones 41.9%. Android holds the number 1 spot in mobile phone operating systems at 52.1%. Apple's iOS holds the number 2 spot at 41.9%.
And, speaking of IBM ...
4) Fortune: IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Gets Past the Big Blues. IBM's first female CEO shares her thoughts on the Apple alliance and her strategic vision for Big Blue's latest transformation:
- Focus on Three (3) Core Areas: Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Engagement (mobile and social technologies
- Stick to Ginni's Rules: Don't Protect The Past. Never Be Defined by Your Product. Always Transform Yourself.
- Continue Reinventing IBM: See bullet points (1) and (2).
5) Budweiser: Global Be(er) Responsible Day | “Friends Are Waiting” Campaign. The #FriendsAreWaiting spot to discourage drunk driving is storytelling brilliance in 60 seconds or less (almost). This video hits all the right notes: emotional, memorable, conflict, and resolution. Somewhere, Pixar creatives are smiling.
Did You Enjoy This Post?
If yes, please share it with your friends and subscribe to my blog. Many Thanks!
Tony Faustino is a marketing and corporate strategist. He writes about how The Internet reinvents marketing strategy for organizations and individuals in his marketing strategy blog, Social Media ReInvention. Follow his tweets @tonyfaustino or circle him on Google+.